Thursday, September 4, 2008

Shades War.

Jackie Kennedy wearing her signature oversized sunglasses.
Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany’s wearing Ray-Bans.

I went on a sunglass excursion during lunch today with a coworker. Being the sunglass junkie that I am - let’s talk about Ray-Bans versus oversized shades. I’ve been stalking the Ray-Bans cult lately in dire love for the funky colors and classic designs. As most of us know, the Ray-Bans are the primo choice at the moment for fashionistas everywhere. I love them as do fashion-forward celebrities like Kate Moss, Rachel Bilson, and Ashley Olsen. However, I don’t know about you, but I’m still having some trouble keeping my obnoxiously large shades in the drawer. I can’t part with them. There’s something so mysterious and classic about both, right? On the other hand, I find the mass of oversized shades sometimes more comforting. Some women seem to switch back and forth as I do, but for the most part, Ray-Bans are the go-to. What is a woman like me to do…alternate or make a choice?

The question of the day is: Can one really choose between iconic figures such as Jackie Kennedy and Audrey Hepburn? Or can we flirt with the idea of having our red velvet cake and eating it too?


No comments: