Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Book Worm


Whenever I travel I try to find a good book to take along for the trip. You can be sure to find me soaking up the sun with a book in hand. This trip I had these two books by my side the entire time. French Milk originally served as Lucy Knisley’s personal diary, it’s a close, intimate look at all of these; from her missing her boyfriend and worrying about what sort of job she can find, to looking at an art installation and noting that it looks like testicles, everything feels remarkably unfiltered and honest. As a result it plunges you fully into the journey; it made me desperately want to take my own trip the more I read.
Next, The Tao of Pooh was recommend to me by a co-worker as an easy enjoyable read. This book was written by Benjamin Hoffman, who makes use of the characters in Winnie the Pooh to explain the principles of Taoism. The best part about this book is that it doesnt get too preachy. It is just plain simple and so much of fun to read. Great for a poolside.
So now I am looking for something new to read... any suggestions? What are you reading?

No comments: