Monday, October 20, 2008

think about it




One of my best friends asked me a question today, that kind of caught me off guard. Kelsey wanted to know what do I consider the essential items every women should own? Now to me this a question with no exact answer. But knowing my friend was in some need, I put some serious thought into it. The essential items in every women's closet differ I am sure. But what are those key pieces you should invest in? With an open mind, and limited budget I answer.

For starts, black heels. You should own a pair of black heels that you feel you can conquer the world in. Once you've found them, everything else is simple! Next, is a watch. It's a timeless piece that will never go out of style (gold or silver of course) invest in something good. It's worth it. Jeans that fit you perfectly. I don't care where they are from, who made them or how much you paid. It they fit you perfectly in all right places. Buy them - and wear them! Flats, yes I know we love our heels. But let's be honest shopping all day in heels in madness. Buy your self some stylish flats, keep them with you at all times. A cashmere sweater. Mine has been everywhere with me, and it's not over yet. (jcrew boyfriend cardigans are amazing!) Sunglasses, I can't remember when my obsession started with huge over sized sunglasses - but it doesn't really matter. They are a great please don't talk sign and they protect your eyes. Find the pair that fit your face and a color you like. You'll be wearing them often. Perfume. "A women who doesn't wear perfume, has no future" - Coco Chanel. Words to live by. Find a scent you like and make it yours. Mine is YSL Young, Sexy & Love. And last but very much worth it, a handbag. Buy a classic, a Chanel 2.55 or a Louis Vuitton Speedy 25. Yes, these bags might break your wallet for a while, but think it's something you'll have for a lifetime. It's a truly something that will never be out of style.

Hope this helps all you ladies, remember it's not how much you spend. This is your style, your expression of yourself. Make it a good lasting one. :)

What's your favorite essential?

No comments: