Thursday, August 14, 2008

Scrunchies....?

I have found my roommate (Caitlin) & I night after night chanting and screaming, "USA! USA! USA!" Staying up all hours of the night to catch every nanosecond of the Olympics live (it's just not the same seeing it the day after!). As amazing as all of the athletes are, I can't help but be distracted by the hair and makeup choices of the gymnasts.

I'm talking about the 1980s blue eye shadow, glitter here, there & everywhere, SCRUNCHIES, and 800 non-matching clips dotted all over their heads. I know the shiny red spandex is required, but honestly, which Olympics are we in--Beijing or Moscow circa summer of 1980?

The pastel blue shadow and rainbow glitter is not helping the cause of the Chinese gymnasts either--maybe they should leave that stuff for the kids under 16 (oh wait--they are...uh they might be under 16! Not that I'm bitter or anything).

These beauty blunders have certainly not taken away from the amazing performances that I've seen so far, but a little beauty update couldn't hurt. Still, I'm rooting for them to strike gold at the all-around event, scrunchies and all. Go girls!

But, please as Carrie would say, “A SCRUNCHIE?”

No comments: